Dirt, Hunger, PMT.

So here comes one of those ranty posts about a load of stupid things that are just upsetting me and getting me down. I'll try to end the post with something positive, but for now...

As you all know, I have a badly injured knee which means that I cannot get in or out of a bath. Unfortunately, the shower at my home is in the bath so I can't shower at my own house. This means that I have to travel ten miles to my grandparents house whenever I want a shower, as they have a walk in one and a seat so I can sit down through it rather than trying to balance on one leg. This means that I can't shower as regularly as I normally would and it's affecting me badly. I last had a shower on Sunday and won't be able to have another one until Thursday. I have never felt like such a dirty person before. I have mild OCD so cleanliness is one of my priorities, so right now I feel absolutely vile. I feel greasy, dirty, smelly and I have visitors tomorrow.

Secondly, I'm hungry. I started Weight Watchers yesterday and today, I'm finding it quite difficult. I'm craving so many foods that I can't have. I had my last bit of food at 7pm. It's now 11:30pm and I am absolutely starving. I'm guzzling back water but my stomach is crying out for food. I'm not giving in. I am trying to turn it into a positive by looking forward to the food that I'm having tomorrow because I've already planned my meals.
Feeling dirty, being hungry and having PMT are a horrible mix. I'm anxiously awaiting Mother Nature to pop in any day soon as I get really grouchy before she comes, but once she is here, I tend to be fine. I ended up crying down the phone to my boyfriend and not making much sense about what was wrong. I don't know how he puts up with me.

On a better and more positive note, I worked hard today. Not only did I do my daily exercises for my knee (ouch) but I also did my ten steps. Normally, I have to stop after two or three steps because I'm crying in pain. Today, I pushed through the pain and did five steps in a row with my crutches without stopping. I'm pretty proud of myself.

Roll on tomorrow - food, one day closer to my period, one day closer to showering, one day closer to recovery, one day closer to seeing my boyfriend and I'm hopefully seeing a couple of friends - so I'm hoping it's going to be a good day. In the meantime, I am going to curl up in bed and have another good old cry.

Clare
(twitter / instagram)
xxx

0 comments :

Post a Comment