Six Months Today.





So today marks six months since I first got with my lovely boyfriend. To most people, six months is no achievement, but if you know me, you'll know that it really is. I am not one for commitment or relationships and on the rare occasion that I've met somebody who I've genuinely really liked, they've left me for somebody better.When I first met my boyfriend, I never imagined we'd become the close couple that we are but after six months together, I can't see us ending any time soon. We have been through so much stuff together - a lot more than people know - and he has stuck by my side through everything. I believe that if we can get through this much in the first six months, we can get through anything.

I don't want to go into much more detail about our relationship as I like to keep it relatively private and I don't want to get too soppy, so I'm going to leave you with some of my favourite pictures over the last six months and a little bit of information about them.



I hate this photo, yet I feel that it speaks about out relationship. This was taken just three weeks after we got together, and there I am with no make up on, in my pyjamas, completely comfortable with him, something I would not previously have done in a relationship.
- May 2013.

Taken by a professional photographer in a nightclub on a night out. It remains to be my favourite picture of us.
- May 2013.


Although this picture isn't of us, it means a lot to me as it was taken when we went on our very first date which was a walk along the edge of a cliff overlooking the sea. It was one of the most perfect days of my life and I will cherish it forever. I regret that we didn't get a photo of us that day.
- May 2013.


Taken the first weekend we ever went away together, on top of the Lighthouse in Plymouth. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend.
- June 2013.


Terrible drunk selfie taken on a night that I got so drunk, he had to take me home and look after me. Oops.
- June 2013.

The last photo taken of us together whilst I lived in Newquay, on my last night up town before I did my injury and had to move back to Coventry.
- August 2013.


The roses that he bought me the day I came out of hospital on crutches, despite telling me that he would never buy me flowers. His words were - "You're the first woman I've ever bought flowers for, and you'll be the last."
- August 2013.


Taken the first weekend he came to visit me after I'd have to move back to Coventry because of my accident. I hate my teeth but I love this picture because it's so natural. He said something (an inside joke) to make me laugh as I went to take the picture.
- September 2013.


Taken on his second visit, when we were playing board games with my family.
- September 2013.

The most recent picture of us, taken yesterday.
- October 2013.

I've tried to pick just my favourite photographs or ones that represent our relationship. I never thought I could meet someone who makes me so happy and so comfortable. He's gone from being a stranger to not just my partner, but my best friend too. I don't know what I'd do without him.

Clare
(twitter / instagram)
xxx

0 comments :

Post a Comment