McBusted: Hyde Park.



On Sunday 6th July, I went to Hyde Park for Barclaycard British Summer Time to see McBusted headline. It wasn't really planned, as we spontaneously decided to go a few days beforehand.

We didn't get there until mid afternoon which meant we unfortunately missed Diversity. It was a great atmosphere - the sun was shining and everyone appeared to be in good spirits.

We just caught the end of Mike Dignam's set on the smaller stage when we arrived, before heading down to see The Vamps on the main stage. We were in the middle about 20 rows from the front. I wasn't previously a fan of The Vamps even though I knew some of their songs, but I was really impressed with their performance. It was enjoyable.

After queuing half an hour for a wee (I wish I was exaggerating), we got some more drinks and chilled out for a while. We had planned to see Lawson but them and Five had pulled out. Their stage had collapsed and the two acts had been unhappy when they were going to be put on a smaller stage, so they pulled out. I would have been so annoyed if I was only there for them!

The Backstreet Boys were on and we didn't go to see them, as it was about to rain and we were hiding under a tent prepared for it. All of a sudden, there was a huge down pour! We were lucky to already be undercover. James Bourne performed "I Want It That Way" with them, but we didn't see it.

We were quite far back for McBusted, but after seeing them (well, McFly) 62 times, I wasn't that bothered about being near the front. My camping days are long gone! I was very surprised that the gig was exactly the same as the tour - with the DeLorean, UFO and inflatable boobs! Despite them headlining the gig, I really did not expect that.

It was a fantastic gig and all in all, a great day. I'm so glad I went.

Clare
(twitter / instagram)
xxx

0 comments :

Post a Comment