Lincoln / Mablethorpe / Skegness.



Last Monday, my parents went down to Mablethorpe for a Monday to Friday holiday. However, due to me already having plans on the Monday and Tuesday, I didn't go down to join them until the Wednesday.

I stayed at my grandparents the night before as their house was closer to the station that I needed to go to. I then caught a train at 8:52am from Nuneaton to Leicester, before changing at Leicester and going to Lincoln where my parents were going to meet me, as that's where they were spending their day.

The train journey was lovely and the majority of it was absolutely beautiful. I was so hungover though, and ate my whole packed lunch (cheese batch, crisps, two babybels, chocolate and mints) by 9:30am - oops!

Once they met me at the station, we went into Lincoln for the day which was lovely. From the car park, there was a beautiful view of the boats on the canal. Then we went into the town centre for some "lunch" even though I had already had mine! We went to a lovely little cafe where the Italian man working there gave me a lollipop. I don't know if that was cute, or whether to be insulted because he clearly thought I was a child.

We went back to our caravan in Mablethorpe after a wander around Lincoln town centre, and it was beautiful. I was so impressed with the caravan as it was huge and so clean! We had chip shop chips (you've got to when you're at the seaside, haven't you?) and then got ready to go up the club. We had a few drinks before going into the club room to see the entertainment. It wasn't the worst entertainment I've ever been, but for such a big park in such a big company, I expected a lot more. They had a team of five on stage, and only one of them could sing or dance. I was really disappointed. We didn't go back to the club again.

The next day, we got up and went to Skegness for the day which is one of my favourite places. Once again, we just mooched around the shops and went to our favourite batch shop for lunch. I also managed to go on a dance machine for the first time since my accident last year so I was really happy with that! I was disappointed that my favourite log flume along the front "Wild River" was closed for the end of season.

After we had had enough, we went back to the caravan site and played mini golf which was hilarious. We then had a relaxing evening before we went into Mablethorpe later at night where we ended up at a beautiful little Indian restaurant. We were the only people in there and the staff were incredibly friendly. It was one of the best currys I have ever had, and you got so much for your money. At the end of the night, the waiter gave me a beautiful yellow rose.

We got up the next morning and got packed as we had to be checked out by 10am. We went back to Skegness for a few hours, had some food at a little cafe and went on the beach. It was a short break away, but it was just lovely.

Clare
xxx

0 comments :

Post a Comment