Violet Cities Tour.


So over the month of September, Violet Cities have done so many (amazing) gigs that I have attended, that I thought it deserved a blog post. It's been a month of traveling a total of 198 miles, mostly to Leicester and back, and it's been amazing.


Monday 8th September - Kasbah, Coventry


The first gig of the month was in my hometown, in a nightclub that I hadn't been in since I was 14. It has changed so much! I went with Luke and Savannah, and we had a great night. Unfortunately, due to them being on at 11:15, the room was relatively empty as it doesn't get busy in there until later on, but the boys still played to their top standard and it was thoroughly enjoyable.



Friday 12th September - Pi Bar, Leicester

The first trip to Leicester of the month was to a cute little bar that I had never been to before, and which was a bastard to park at! However, with free entry and free parking, it's hard to complain! Katie and I had a lovely night, and it was such a nice change to see the boys doing a laid back, acoustic set. It was absolutely beautiful and thoroughly enjoyable.

Friday 19th September - The Shed, Leicester

The most stressful trip to Leicester I think I've ever had, but it was worth it to see the boys! It was their Glastonbudget audition. Sav and I didn't like the venue - really wasn't our scene at all - but the boys were amazing, and coped well with a few things that went wrong including a broken guitar string.

Sunday 21st September - Care 4 Paws, Leicester

This was the strangest 'festival' I have ever been to. It was incredibly quiet, and being outside in the cold late at night made me and Katie feel like we were camping. However, the boys played an incredible set that actually reduced me to tears, and you could tell that they thoroughly enjoyed it as there were people dancing.

Tuesday 23rd September - The Yardbird, Birmingham

The last gig of the month, and one that I postponed my five day getaway for! As if a five day break wasn't short enough anyway, I shortened it to three days to attend their last gig of the month, because that's how dedicated I am! I went with Sav and spent the day in Birmingham with her before we went to the gig in the evening. It was a chilled out set but definitely one of their best performances.

It's been a great month, but I think it's about time the boys got a well deserved break from me!

Clare
(twitter / instagram)
xxx

0 comments :

Post a Comment