Powerful Beyond Measure.

I have recently been moaning on Twitter that I often feel in a blogging mood but aren't inspired to write and that I have no topics to write about. Amy pointed me in the direction of 'Sunday Scribblings', a blog that posts a prompt every week for a blog. You can see it here. I was scrolling through the site looking for something to inspire me, and I came across this prompt;

POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE

It is taken from the following inspirational quote;

It was written by Marianne Williamson in 1992 and is part of the most famous passage from her book, 'A Return To Love: Reflections On The Principle Of A Course In Miracles'. The full famous passage from the book in which the quote features is;
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

It got me thinking about what it really means. Are people really afraid to be powerful? Are people really scared of being successful? It makes no sense to me.

One of my deepest fears is of, in fact, being inadequate. I am worried that I will die and leave nothing behind. I've never been afraid of death or dying, but what I am afraid is of dying before I have had a chance to leave my mark on the world. Maybe that sounds selfish, but every person is born with a purpose in life and unfortunately, some pass away before they have discovered it or achieved their purpose, even if they knew it.

I always believed that my purpose was to make other people happy through performing, but I was never sure. I always worried how I would feel after I became a paid performer. Would I feel like my life had been fulfilled? After being in that situation, I can clarify that the answer was yes. It fulfilled me in a way that I never thought it could and I feel like my life purpose has been met. However, it has led me onto another purpose...

My next / other purpose in life is to become a mother. Not now, no way. In the future. I have always believed that children are the future and that everyone has a purpose in life to make human life continue, by creating another generation. Don't get me wrong, I understand that some people don't want children and others can't have them, but to me, that is one of the reasons why we were born - to give life to other people. I can only hope that one day, I get to do the same.

I don't really know what else to say. I just find that quote peculiar, as the way I interpret it is that people are afraid of achieving their dreams and being successful. I have often read quotes too which say "If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough." which I think is ridiculous. If you really want to do something, why would you be scared of it?

Clare
(twitter / instagram)
xxx

1 comments :

  1. Glad you found something that inspired you to write! :) xx

    ReplyDelete