March On Cancer.


On 29th July 2014, my auntie Maureen passed away due to being terminally ill with Cancer. That's why, this year, I decided to do the March On Cancer.

I knew it was going to be difficult as at three miles, it's the furthest I've walked since my accident, but I also felt like I needed to do it to honour her memory and pray that one day, a cure will be found that will stop people from suffering with this terrible illness.

There's not much to say about the march, but I felt like I needed to acknowledge it, so here are a few photos from the event.



Before the event.


Writing Nan and Maureen's names on the memory wall.



Crossing the finish line. This photo is from the Birmingham Mail - see if you can spot me!



Frozen at the end of the event.

The reason I haven't posted about this sooner is because I wanted to wait until I had got all of my sponsor money in so that I could include the grand total... Here it is...

I'm amazed! I reached £400 - the most I've ever raised for charity, and four times my target. Thank you to the following people for sponsoring me:


Fiona Richardon
Laura Skipton
Mary Bailey

Sheila Pyatt
Sandra Evans
Mikey Faulkner
Gladys Jones
Betty Ludford
Amanda Hill
Ross Sherriff
Jackie Gissane
David Parker
Luke Cutts
Pamela Hanley

John Gissane
Richard Rabone
Pauline Blower
Lynn Lovatt
Vikie Slater
Harry Lewis
Savannah Johnstone
Katie Parks
Tracey Miller
Alex Day
Katie Launchbury
Tony Sharpe
Tina Evans
Sue Hindley
Phil Gardner
Esther Hitchman
Jayne Maidla
Eileen Burt
Michelle Moore
Mary Evans
Sue Simpson
Hermes Workers
Siobhan Young
Richard Gissane
Myself

Your money will go towards helping Cancer Research continue their battle to find a cure for Cancer and save lives.

Clare
(twitter / instagram)
xxx

0 comments :

Post a Comment