A Free Spirit.


“Like a free bird who gets restless and loses her lustre when kept in a cage.”

Love it or hate it, I am a free spirit. I always have been, and I’m sure that I always will be. I love my freedom, and feel trapped when I don’t have that. I don’t like having to answer to anyone, or have rules to live by unless they’re my own. Ever since I was little, I’ve always wanted to do my own thing and my own way, not the way that somebody else has told me to do it.

A leader, never a sheep. I crave freedom of all types, and don’t want any form of anchor weighing me down – be that a partner, a job, an illness. Nothing will ever hold me back other than myself. I need flexibility, especially in a work environment, that allows me to take days off when I feel the urge to explore. That’s why my job is so fantastic. I could never cope in a five day 9-5 job. The routine would bore me.

I do what I want to do, and when I want to do it. I will not change my opinion based on other people’s opinions, or conform to what society believes is right or wrong. I have a strong mind, although an open one, and will stand up for everything I believe in, even if that means that I’m standing alone.

Although I have fears and get anxious, I push myself to the boundaries of my comfort zone, and sometimes even over them. Life starts at the end of your comfort zone, and that’s where you can find the most excitement from life. I love adventure, and I love to travel. I see change as a positive thing, and embrace it whenever the opportunity comes my way.

Independence is one of my key features. I will do anything on my own that I’m willing to do with other people. Be that go for a meal, a walk, to the cinema, or even the theatre, I enjoy all of this alone as much as I do with other people. Maybe even more so. My ultimate dream is to spend a week in New York on my own. It’s an experience that I selfishly don’t want to share with anyone else.

“I am a free spirit – either admire me from the ground or fly with me, but never try to cage me.”

Clare
(twitter / instagram)
xxx

0 comments :

Post a Comment